Saturday, January 16, 2016

Art Festivals Are Hard Work!

In 2015, I attended a few art festivals (Brooksville, Winter Park and Ocala) ... Only three shows in to this "alternate reality" endeavor, I'm learning a consistent, humble lesson, for sure: People are the best part of these events. Not just the public at large, but the folks you chance to be located near in booth assignments, and the artists you engage in conversation with across the gamut of styles, niches and media.

So, with that "glass half-full" perspective, I can still say that selling little or nothing is not as entirely disappointing as it may sound. Of course — I don't know how long I could continue on this course due to the funds required to sustain it, but the willingness to share ideas, insights and encouragement from one's peers is super nice.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are painting... the paintings are amazing... I too after 30 years of Graphic Design am also on the same path to what has also eluded me all these years... seeing your post inspires me to move forward.

    Im an old employee of yours...one who remembers putting together those Hydroscope covers together that where graced with the beauty of Christopher Stills work... Good luck Dean... very nice work.

    ReplyDelete